Monday, February 13, 2012

New Day, New Name

Ruminate - to chew the cud, as a ruminant; to meditate or muse; ponder.

Same concept, different word. Why? As I pondered the name along with a potential name for a second blog, I realized that alliteration may be just the thing. I like to play with words and my current pondering suggests "Random Ruminations" is simply a better fit than "Random Musings".

I can almost hear it now. Better fit? I thought the whole idea was random, unpredictable, and no discernible pattern? How can there be a good or bad fit? Guilty. There is a minimal pattern. But apart from how the name of this blog may relate to one or more future blogs, that's really it. There is still no common theme within this blog; it will indeed be random. I've simply changed from musing to ruminating.

Question: Aside from "thinking" what word do you use to describe those moments of far off concentration?

P.S. Some of you may notice it's not really a new day either. But in my corner of the world, a day doesn't end until you go to bed - even if that happens to come well after midnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment